Frame and Fork
CL+ 300 Carbon
115Nm BB stiffness
Full Carbon Monocoque Fork 1 1/4” - 1 1/8”
Hybrid Electronic/Cable Routing
New - Hybrid Internal Cable Routing Compatible with
Electronic or Mechanical
New - Improved Lay-up resulting in extra weight saving
Campag Athena Compact Carbon
Fulcrum Racing 5 with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro
3T Ergonova alloy Bar Arx alloy Stem Palladio Post
Prologo Kappa Saddle
Sizes (Sloping): 4245485154 cm
Colours: Black Carbon Red
Performance geometry influenced by Eddy himself delivers improved rider comfort and endurance
• Advanced Composite Design with 30 High Modulus Carbon Fiber
• Full Carbon Fork legs steerer and crown with aero profiling
• Carbon Laminate + technology with dedicated lay-up. Strength and comfort requirements are taken into account for each area of the frame and fork when the carbon lay-up is designed.
• Optimized Structural Reinforcement processes within the design ensure lightweight and durability.
• Aero/Stiff Seat Stay Design
• Optimal Power Transfer thanks to specific BB and chain stay design
• Tapered head tube 1 1/4 - 1 1/8 inch increases steering confidence.
• Oversized bottom bracket for excellent power transfer
• Strength to Weight Ratio (Nm/°/kg) 115 tailored especially for endurance riding
CL + // Carbon Laminate +
Carbon fiber bikes are made using sheets of carbon fiber and these are built up in layers one on top of the other. The Carbon Laminate+ process developed by and for Eddy Merckx cycles assemble the sheets together in ways that maximise the strength and rigidity of the resulting frame. The result? Optimized performance, comfort and weight.
Frame Stiffness to Weight Ratios produced by the CL+ System
CL + 620 // 130Nm/o/kg // EMX-7
CL + 500 // 125Nm/o/kg // EMX-5
CL + 300 // 115Nm/o/kg // EMX-3
CL + 240 // 105Nm/o/kg // EMX-1
OSR // Optimized Structural Reinforcement
Advanced high modular stiffness fibers are used in combination with high-strength fibers to achieve unparalleled performance. They are used in different strategic areas of the bike as and when required. The front fork for example needs both for optimum weight reduction and improved stiffness and feel.
A FRAME FOR LIFE - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Eddy Merckx Bikes are designed and built to withstand years of riding without incident or accident. We test them in the toughest of conditions and with the hardest of taskmasters; namely the professional cycling team at Quick-Step. Fortunately the team bikes past the test with flying colours and it confirms what we know that the best demonstration of strength is that there are zero Quick-Step Team bike failures due to frame failure at the end of a hard season on the road. Eddy Merckx Cycles have so much belief in the quality of their frames that each new carbon model bought at a recognized Eddy Merckx dealer comes with a ‘Limited Lifetime Warranty'.
The warranty is only available for bicycles purchased from officially recognized dealers and for the Limited Lifetime Warranty to remain valid the frame must be inspected at least once a year by an official Eddy Merckx Cycles dealer. When claiming against the Limited Lifetime Warranty you must present the original receipt of purchase. We recommend you keep a copy of your receipt inside the back cover of your passport.